Thursday, July 19, 2012

Caramel Pretzel Toffee Brownies

I had a bag of caramels that were three days from expiring...so I made you these:) You are welcome!


This was so easy and guess what? It uses a box mix! Gasp! I know, can you believe it? Well here's the deal, sometimes I don't have time to make EVERY thing from scratch, and I decided that was okay.

If you know me personally, you know that for the last 4 years I have been an unemployed, full-time student, and stay-at-home mom which has allowed me to make things that take a lot of time, like these, but I am starting to realize that when I go back to work... next year...that kind of stuff won't be happening too often. That realization made me a little sad because I still want to be able to make yummy treats for friends, family, co-workers, and most importantly, for my son to take to school.

Sooooooo I decided it's okay to use a box mix. Don't get me wrong, if you have time to make your own caramel more power to you, but if you don't ,these are just as good, and they only took 40 minutes from start to finish!

And trust me...YOU will be SUPER woman when you serve these! :) Or super MAN, no discrimination here! :)

Caramel Pretzel Toffee Brownies

1 Box of Your Favorite Brownie Mix, prepared as stated on the package
1 C. of Chocolate Chips
1 Package Caramels
1 Tbsp. Whipping Cream or milk
1/2 C. Butter, I used real
1 C. Roughly Chopped Pretzels
1/4 C. Toffee Bits

Mix brownies according to directions, add in 1/2 cup of the chocoate chips, bake 25-28 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool 5-10 minutes. While brownies are cooling, melt in the microwave for 2-3 minutes the caramels, whipping cream, and butter, stirring a couple of times. Spread over browies, then top with remaining chocolate chips, toffee, and pretzels. Cool completely before cutting.

Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker

You need these NOW! Unless you are on a diet, then maybe not, or maybe a piece and find someone else to eat the rest, or eat the whole pan and then run for a month, whatever floats your boat!

Linked up with Skip to my Lou...

1 comment:

  1. It's totally ok to use mixes! This doesn't look or I'm sure taste like anything pre made! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips