Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chocolate Teddy Bear:)

I know, I know...I'm a little bit late with my something chocolate post. Originally I was going to post a chocolate banana bread recipe, but it was a flop and the pictures were horrible. Also, I am starting to realize most of you really enjoy the sugar cookie posts the most, so.... I did this...:)


Isn't he CUTE?:) But you know what I was just thinking? I am so ditzy sometimes, I should have made chocolate butter cream!!! :/ Ugh! Oh well, he's still cute and tasty!

But, let me take back what I said about buttercream being easier than royal icing. It is easier if all you are doing is swirling the top of a cookie or cupcake, but if you are trying to do this, it's just as difficult, and I thought my hand was going to fall off! Hence, that's why you only see ONE little bear and not a family of bears.

So maybe you want the chocolate sugar cookie recipe? No? Maybe? Yes! Here goes:
Chocolate Sugar Cookies

1 C. Butter
1 Egg
1 1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
1/4 C. Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
2 1/4 C. Flour

Mix the first three ingredients until smooth, add in vanilla and cocoa powder until well incorporated. Mix in the remaining ingredients until dough ball starts to form.

Cut out just as you would regular sugar cookies, bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes.

This is basically the same recipe as my regular sugar cookies, I just used less flour and replaced it with cocoa.

Want another peak of that sweet little teddy?


I know, I couldn't stay away from little brown monkey either! I just love playing around with my pictures...probably because most of them aren't very good! Ha!:)

I have a couple of these little bears in the freezer, someday I'll make them with royal icing and we can compare:)

Linked this Post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips