Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Zucchini Bread :)



This bread made me think of fall...it smells like Thanksgiving in my house right now. It must be the cinnamon and the cloves... :)

By the way, I changed my font size, can you see it better now? Or was it just me? I know I'm gettin' kind of old, but dang that type was so small.

Oh yeah, back to this bread. It has a vegetable in it, so that makes me feel better about all the oil, sugar, and (gasp!) white flour. Whatever, I'm not makin' everything with ground up wood.

Speaking of ground up wood, do you watch "Everybody Loves Raymond"...I do ALL the time. I own all the DVD's and I've seen them so many times, sometimes I think I could be part of their family. Aaaanyway, there is this episode where one of the twins pretends to be sick so he doesn't have to go to school and Ray stays home with him. Well, the twin tries to eat chocolate donuts for breakfast and Ray hands him a box of bran cereal and tells him that is what he has to eat...wood for breakfast...the box had two grandmas on a bike. Funny huh? No? Huh.

I'm not sure where I was going with that, but this bread is good, and there isn't any wood in it.


Zucchini Bread

3 1/2-4 C. Zucchini, shredded
1 2/3 C. Sugar
2/3 C. Canola Oil
2 tsp. Vanilla
4 Eggs
3 C. Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2/3 tsp. Cloves
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of one 9x5x3 pan OR two smaller pans with non-stick cooking spray.

Mix zucchini, sugar, oil, vanill, and eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer on low speed. Add remaining ingredients and mix on low just until incorporated. Batter will be thin, this is correct.

Pour into pan or pans and fill about 3/4 of the way. Bake 50-60 minutes, depending on your oven. Check by inserting knife in the middle and comes out clean.

Cool 10 minutes, then run knife around edges. Continue to cool for another 20 minutes and remove from pan. Slice when completely cool.

Eat:)

Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips