Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Veggie, Ham & Cheese Crust Less Quiche



That title is a mouthful huh? Well this IS a mouthful and...I didn't know what else to call it...I didn't think "Egg Thing" gave this enough justice. Except of course if you must have crust with your quiche then it may just be an "Egg Thingy" to you...I don't know...I'm rambling I know:)

Aaaaaanyway. I made this without a crust because someone in my house likes to go low-carb sometimes, and well I aim to please. Plus, I guess it makes it healthier than a golden-buttery-flaky crust...you want crust now huh? Feel free to add crust, I won't be mad, just jealous!

Here's the recipe(without crust). Get over it!

Veggie, Ham & Cheese Crust Less Quiche

10 Eggs
1/2 C. Milk
1/2 C. Heavy Cream
1 tsp. Cayenne
1 tsp. Dried Parsley
4 oz. Diced Ham
4 Scallions, sliced
1-9 oz. Frozen Spinach(Thawed and Squeezed Dry)
1 C. Fresh Mushrooms, chopped
4 oz. Muenster Cheese, shredded
4 oz. Gruyere Cheese, shredded
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 inch pie pan.

Whisk egg, milk, heavy cream, dried parsley, and cayenne. Add in remaining ingredients and stir together until well incorporated.

Pour into pie pan, place on cookie sheet, and bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.

Hope you enjoy...even though there is no crust...make a piece of toast! :)

1 comment:

  1. this does look yummy! I've made a few crustless quiches, and I have to say, I don't miss the crust - the crust usually just makes me feel like I'm eating pie for dinner, and that's just not a good feeling in my belly.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips