Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fruit and Nut Chicken Salad Recipe!

Did you think maybe I made a cookie that looks like chicken salad? Or maybe a chicken cookie sitting on a cookie that looks like salad? Sounds a little ridiculous huh? Well let me assure you there IS a cookie decorator out there that could do this and probably has! But not I...I made real chicken salad. Wanna see?

And guess what? I didn't make the croissants...I know I'm kinda sad about that too, but I'm not superwoman, maybe someday I'll attempt it, just for you. I used mini ones that I bought at that CRAAAAZY store that starts with a "W"...you know the one that is always on the Internet and facebook with pictures of those people in questionable clothing or almost no clothing. Ugh:(
But the croissants are good so what are ya gonna do.

Anywho, want the recipe? Well too bad because you're gonna get it. It actually has fruit and nuts in it...you know to balance out all the MayOnnaise and bacon.

Chicken Salad

3 C. Shredded Chicken
1 1/2 C. Real Mayo
6 Slices Bacon, crumbled
1/3 C. Dried Cranberries (such as Craisins)
1/3 C. Pineapple Tidbits, drained
3 Scallions, sliced (that's fancy for green onions)
1/4 C. Pecan Pieces, toasted
1/4 tsp. dill (fresh or dried)
1/2 tsp. parsley (fresh italian or dried)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Croissants- I used Mini ones because...I don't know it made me feel better about the calories and well they are just so cute! :) Plus you can eat two!!
Mix all ingredients until incorporated. See easy:)

You can either bake your chicken then shred, buy a rotisserie chicken and shred, or like I did here-poach boneless chicken tenders in a little water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, then shred.

This recipe is so versatile...the possibilities are endless. You could use greek yogurt instead of mayo, leave out the bacon, gasp!, or you could use different fruits and maybe walnuts, because you know they are all the rage about now.

I know this wasn't a fancy dancy cookie but a girl's gotta eat more than cookies:) Well at least once in awhile.


Stay tuned...something sweet is comin' up tomorrow and it has chocOlate in it! Yes!

Linked up HERE:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips