Friday, July 6, 2012

Under the Sea Cookies!

I did these cookies for a little boy's first birthday party awhile back ,and I think they turned out pretty good. I especially like the octopus:) He is so cute and he was really easy! I used the wet on wet trick for his spots.
I drew his mouth on with an edible marker. and I did his eyes with the same wet on wet, and then a little white dot after his eyes were dry.

Next up is Mr. Crabby....I have a little trouble with my red icing sometimes...it either cracks or just looks funky. I did finally figure out to only use the Super Red (Americolor). But I have also discovered if the icing is too thick and I move the cookies around too much, they crack....grrrrr! Makes me mad, but I will get better the more I practice:) I could have also added a little detail on his body after he dried. I'll try to remember this next time.

I know I'm gettin' a little carried away with cutesying(is that a word?) the pictures up. I will try to refrain from this..maybe?:)

Here they are together!

Oh but wait, I really like how I did this one up:) I used PicMonkey, I'm addicted to that little monkey....he is sooo cute!

Wow...four posts in one week. I'm sure I won't be able to keep up with this pace, but I'll try!
Well, that's a little big...I'll have to work on that:)





 
Blogging tips