Friday, July 27, 2012

Easy Lemon Cake Blueberry Cookies

Make these and then put them in the refrigerator!!! Mmmmmmmmm Good!:)

Again, I'm not going to feel guilty for using a box mix! And you know what? I'm going to keep on doin' it. Now, don't get me wrong, I have many recipes that I create from scratch and they are wonderful, and give me many bragging opportunities, BUT I don't always have time and hence the reason for the box mixes.

In my defense, the lemon juice was from a real lemon and the blueberries were fresh! Ooooh and I used REAL butter and cage free eggs, so there!

Easy Lemon Cake Blueberry Cookies

Lemon Cake Mix
1 Stick of Butter, softened
2 Eggs
2 Tbsp. Flour
1 tsp. Vanilla
Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
1/2 -3/4 C. Blueberries

Mix all ingredients together and then fold in the blueberries.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Use a small cookie scoop and drop onto to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven.

Glaze

1 C. Powdered Sugar
Juice of the other 1/2 of the Lemon
1-2 Tbsp. Milk

Whisk together until smooth and drizzle over cooled cookies.

Eat right away if you are like me...refrigerate for a few hours and you'll think you went to Lemon Heaven...:)




Linked up with Tidy Mom
I'm Lovin It Party at TidyMom.net every week!

I linked up with Skip to my Lou!



4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Happy to find another cake mix lover!! I am all about using cake mixes too:-) These are some of my favorite cookies to make...I love that you used lemon and blueberries to jazz them up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jocelyn! They were soooo yummy...especially cold:)

      Delete
  2. I love cake mix cookies too! These are real beauties!! I love lemon and blueberry together. I've never had that in a cookie. So glad to have found this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tanya...you should really give them a try...they didn't last long in our house:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips